HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF UNILKASU
UNILAKSU is the union of all students studying at UNIVERSITY OF LAY ADVENTISTS OF KIGALI (UNILAK). It started in 1997 with 66 students, but it was officially launched in 2001 by one of the former UNILAK students, Mr MUSABYIMANARUZIMA William, who was the first guild president of the union.
Vision of UNILAKSU
The vision of UNILAKSU is to boost the students learning process and to demonstrate higher performance in developmental activities in the country in particular and in the region in general.
MISSION OF UNILAKSU
The UNILAKSU’s mission is to defend students’ interests within and out of UNILAK by acting a collective voice of its members and creating positive change through advocacy.
DUTIES OF UNILAKSU
To achieve its vision, UNILAKSU has the following duties:
- Ensure all UNILAK students togetherness.
- Representing students in all matters before the UNILAK management, public institutions, and other forms of organizations.
- To defend and protect students’ interests.
- To ensure the wellbeing of students and to urge them to fight against such scourges as AIDS, drugs, and others.
- To promote cooperation between students’ unions both in local and foreign higher learning institutions.
- To promote both national and regional sustainable development.
- To support the creation of other students’ unions either local or foreign as well as the creation of their federations.
- To promote gender and equality.
- To take measures for sustainment of the above duties.
This magazine will serve as a tool and a platform of communication between students and the administration and also will be as a bridge between UNILAK students and the outside people where by each every activity/ day to day activities which will be carried in UNILAK Campus will be posted on this magazine.